Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
Who we are?GSR Solicitors Limited collects, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When we do this we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws. Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Gurprashad Singh who can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com
What do we do with your information?
Information collected by usWhen carrying out legal services on your behalf we collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and Address
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age national insurance number
- Family members/emergency contacts (if relevant to the product or service)
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number, email address, system/portal related, vehicle information and location
- Services you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held and associated yourself with any of our services
- The usage of our products and services, book appointments, update status and outcome, check status, process appointments, print/process documents relating to appointments, any current or previous appointments and whether those appointments were successful (and details related to this)
- Documents including personal or sensitive information We may obtain documents from Our Business Introducers regarding their customers via our system, email or by phone on a need to know basis, we and our field agents process this information and once complete the copy of documents is held for a period of upto 3 months to help with any complaints or disputes from the appointment.
- Personal information which we obtain from Credit Reference Agencies
- We collect information about you when you contact us via our “request a call” or “send a message” forms. This consists of your name, phone number, email address, and any message information that you wish to share with us. Copyright © Riliance Software Limited 2018 Website usage information is collected using cookies. This may include an IP address.
- We may need to obtain medical records for personal injury cases which may contain sensitive information but we would seek your authority to obtain these records.
How we use your personal informationWe use your personal information for the following purposes: Your privacy is important to us and this is why we will always ask you to consent to us contacting you using the personal information that you provide to us. Under no circumstances will your personal information be used or sold to any other organisation or firm. Any personal information that you provide to us will be uploaded to our case management system (CMS) and will only be accessed by the team handling your case with us. It may be required for us to pass your personal information onto third parties, such as insurers and medical specialists and therefore you must be able to provide us consent to do this so we work on your case. Whether information has to be provided by you, and why? – Article 13(2)(e)- explain whether the provision of personal data is statutory or contractual, whether the data is obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of not providing the information. This personal information such as title, full name, contact details and Address Your date of birth, gender and/or age national insurance number must be provided by you to us, to enable us to process your case and carry out any checks that may be required When we collect information from you, we will inform you whether you are required to provide this information to us. Legal reasons we collect and use your personal information – Article 13(1)(c) and 14(1)(c) Identify the legal basis of processing. Article 12(1)(d) and 14(2)(b) where legitimate interests will be the legal basis for processing, provide details of those legitimate interests. Article 29 Working party guidance recommends it is best practice to explain the balancing test here when relying on legitimate interests. We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data: We will rely on the following legal bases under Data Protection Legislation for processing your personal data: Performance of, or entry into, a contract; Compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; We have a legitimate interest in doing so as a services provider; Where processing of ‘special category data’ is necessary in the context of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; in certain circumstances, where we have express consent to do so. Where we collect consent, we will explain that it may be withdrawn at any time in accordance with the information we provide at that time;
Who will we share your personal information with? –We may share your details with third parties instructed by us in accordance with your instructions to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and/or your clients in the course of business. We will only share your personal data in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We may disclose your information to third parties when: you specifically request this or it is necessary to provide our services to you, for example disclosure to expert medical providers; we consider other companies’ products and services in our group of companies may interest you; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law. We may require to provide information to our accountant or have your file checked by accountant We will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.
How long will we store your personal data?We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
ConsentWe are relying on your explicit consent to perform your contract or enquiry. You provided this consent when making such enquiry and providing instructions either verbally or in writing. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, but this will not effect the lawfulness of any processing activity we have carried out prior to you withdrawing your consent. You can opt-out contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Your RightsUnder the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal data and fair processing of your information;
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you;
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way;
- Email, call our write to us
- Provide another information so that we can identify you
- We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise;